Ganador is leading the way in Australia to help businesses with performance improvement with world best-practice in learning and development.
Social Learning is most current thinking in Learning and Development, and Ganador has been leading the way in its application.
Although it is not scientific, Princeton University has established the 70-20-10 principle to illustrate the importance and relevance of social learning.
- 10% of learning is formal
- 20% of learning is through direct mentoring
- 70% of learning is social
Social Learning is NOT about Facebook or other social media. Social learning is learning by working with other people. It can variously be described as Informal, Collaborative or Experiential Learning; but this is only partly true.
Social Learning is a cornerstone of the 'non-training-approach to workplace learning'.
The key application (most effective in the retail and retail supply chain) where Ganador can add the most value is with Communities of Practice.
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
- Dedicated Website
- Particpants set up with role-specific privileges
- Facilitator (Ganador) engages the community
- Community of practitioners share/ show/ tell/ learn
- Shared experience/ wisdom and tools are discussed and explored
- Content is managed (knowledge base)
- Asynchronous but 24.7 accessibility
- Any file/format can be shared
- Content can be created and recorded within the system
- Social learning principles apply
- Relevant/ effective learning on demans
- Foster collaboration
- Common knowledge base: Raised performance standards
- Case studies
- Templates and checjklists
All of the above to support and guide the informal, collabotive learning that happens ANYWAY - but now accessible and formatted - at a fraction of the cost of traditional learning.